Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bruce Weber: Now & Then



When I was 17, my boyfriend Theo was discovered by an agency. He was sent to have tests done on the beach and surfing. When I went to pick him up at the photographer's house, I recognized the swimming pool, and then the bandana. It was Bruce Weber. He was the kindest and sweetest ever - talking with us about our teenage lives, letting us play with his dog Bear. He took a few more shots and then we headed out. Somewhere in his negatives are images of my youth that I have never seen. Now, many years later, whenever I see Bruce's shots of all American teenagers, I am not only nostalgic for my youth, but I value the gentle nature and consideration of his lens. Click here for more on Weber.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This blog has moved!

You are being redirected to
http://fashionartdaily.blogspot.com